

It's crazy how I was wearing pajama pants and slippers one day and a tank top and shorts to bed the next (there is no between in Utah). Our house got so hot we opened the windows, I love to wake up to the sound of birds in the morning. Well I was swaddling Alyeska with two blankets so she would stay warm, but also to keep her swaddled. Well now it is way to warm in our house for two blankets so I tried to swaddle her with just a receiving blanket two nights ago and she escaped and woke up twice during the night so that's when I knew I wanted to buy one of those Swaddle Me blankets with the Velcrow that a few friends told me about... and let me just tell you I am a BIG FAN. No matter how much she struggled to get out, she couldn't, and it is perfect to keep her warm during the night this summer. LOVE IT!!
Our accomplishment this last week was Alyeska went 8 hours at night between feedings almost every night last week and she is 8 weeks old. GO GIRL!! This week I will have her go 8 1/2 hours (she already did that last night, thanks to her new swaddle me blanket and hard work from her mama). Some people think it is mean to wake up a sleeping baby but that is what I've been doing everyday since she was born to put her on a eating sleeping schedule and it's working. Alyeska rarely cries because she is hungry because I feed her before she is hungry (I feed her every 2 1/2 hours, even if she is asleep). She hardly ever gets mad at me when I wake her up because she always seems to be happy to eat so I don't feel bad. It also gives me sleep at night so I am a happier mom. Well the day will actually be a little bit easier this week because I am taking off one feeding and so that means I can feed her every 3 hours, unless she gets hungry. WOW I can't believe she is 9 weeks old tomorrow!
WOW! Her face has changed SO much! I can totally see you and Andy in her now. She is gorgeous.
ReplyDelete